Organic Berry Waffles
Recipe Makes Eight Waffles by @lunchesandlittles
- 1 and 1/2 cups Gluten Free AP Baking Flour (I used @bobsredmill),
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup Strawberry Sneakz
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mixed berries (I used raspberries and blackberries)
- non-stick cooking spray
How They're Made
- Pre-heat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl mix flour baking soda, salt and sugar together
- In a separate bowl whip the egg whites and vanilla until it resembles whipping cream.
- In a third bowl whisk strawberry Sneakz, egg yolks and oil.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and blend together.
- Next, slowly fold in egg whites with the rest of the ingredients.
- The entire mix should be a light and fluffy consistency.
- Finally, blend together mixed berries with a bit of water until well blended/ pourable.
- Add to batter and incorporate.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the iron, and follow iron's cooking instructions until finished.
Optional: Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, etc. Delicious, nutritious and pretty!