Orange Dark Chocolate Oatmeal
recipe by Mary Ellen Phipps, MPH, RDN, LD of Milk & Honey Nutrition
Remember those chocolate oranges that would always pop up around Valentine's Day and Easter each year?! Well, this Orange Citrus Dark Chocolate Oatmeal bowl gives you all that flavor, without the sugar crash. It is filled with a 1/2 serving of veggies, 1/2 serving of fruit, 15g protein, and over 5g fiber... and lots of antioxidants thanks to the cacao powder!
What You Need:
- 1 8oz. Sneakz Chocolate Milkshake
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 3 mandarin oranges
- Cacao nibs or chocolate chips (optional)
How You Make It:
- Combine the Sneakz milkshake and oats in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine. Add the cacao powder, and juice from one of the mandarin oranges. Stir again to combine.
- Heat the oatmeal on high in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove from the microwave, stir, and then heat for an additional 60 seconds.
- Let the oatmeal cool for 2-3 minutes. Divide it into two bowls and top with the remaining mandarin orange slices and a few cacao nibs or chocolate chips! Enjoy!