Heart Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
story by Noelle Martin MScFN RD of Meals for Me and my Minis
Looking for a heart-healthy breakfast? We’ve got you covered! Here is a delicious pancake recipe packed with protein, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, and probiotics. Serve them with your favorite fruit and an extra sprinkle of hemp hearts and you have a meal that will have everyone asking for more!
What You Need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or gluten free all purpose)
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 scoop Sneakz Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How You Make Them:
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just to moisten.
- Scoop 1/4-1/3 cup batter into a non-stick fry pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side on medium heat. Cooking times will vary between pans.
- Ensure your pancake is cooked through by inferring a knife and looking to see that it comes out clean.